- This event has passed.
Everything brokers need to know about digital technology – in association with Navan Digital
July 14 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
IN PERSON EVENT | 14 July | 4.00 p.m. | Eight Members Club, Bank
Join us for this in person roundtable with industry specialists Navan Digital. In this event, Navan’s industry specialists will provide a comprehensive review of everything ‘digital’ – including a Glossary of Terms – to help broking firms navigate effectively in the new digital landscape. Topics covered include:
• Digital asset history – 2008 to 2010; crypto revolutionaries
• DLT & Blockchains – private, permissioned, public, PoW/PoS/PoH and more
• What is “digital”? – analogue, digitised and digital native
• Coins v. tokens – fungible and non-fungible
• Mining – validation, halving, energy use
• Market sizing – equity, fixed income, crypto etc.
• Assets – STOs, digital bonds, asset backed, crypto, stablecoins, CBDCs etc.
• Regulation – global standards (and none) plus AML/KYC/KYT
• Market infrastructure – web sockets, cloud based, atomic settlement etc.
• Market participants – Exchanges (not Regulated Investment Exchanges), RIEs, DEXs, Investment Banks, MMs, OTCs, Hedgies, sovereign wealth etc.
• Custody – various options s/w, h/w, multi-sig, MPC/sMPC and HSMs (“not your keys, not your coins”
• Data sources and trading tools
• The future – the metaverse, Web3, AR & XR
• Business threats and opportunities
About Navan Digital
Navan Digital provides professional expertise, including advisory services in Digital Identity, Digital Asset Custody, and Capital Markets Infrastructure. We have experience in a number of financial markets including bonds, derivatives, equities, energy, risk management, foreign exchange and digital assets, covering asset management, banking and trading. Our teams include senior software engineers and product owners experienced in approximately 175 different technologies, a wide array of languages; frameworks; environments; protocols; tools and databases; from Apache, Blockchain and C++ to XML, Yosemite, Zookeeper, and everything in between.